Friday, October 16, 2009

I Can Be Like Oprah Too

Last summer some bloggers banded together to start "Infinite Summer," which was a giant blogger book club all reading Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace. At the moment, the group is reading Bram Stoker's Dracula. I would join in but they started at the beginning of August so I'd already be two weeks behind, and I read Dracula two Octobers ago.

However, the new found nip in the air and sense that our country is going through a profound transformation have led me to pick up the great American novel, Herman Melville's Moby Dick. (Full Disclosure: I have read much of the book before but it was rushed for class, many pages were skipped, and it was six years ago.) Throughout the course of my reading I'll occasionally blog about the novel, and I invite others to join me (don't all raise your hands at once). Since it's fairly long and not the lightest reading in the world, I will set a goal finishing the book by New Year's Day, 2010. I was thinking of calling the series "Winter of Dick," but I'm open to suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment