Sunday, October 25, 2009

BASEBALL: World Series 2009

So, the Yankees have secured their place in the '09 world series against the defending champs , National League Phillies. Watching the whole ALCS was a little hard for me because I don't like the American League. I'm a National League guy, the league the Astros play in. As such, I never really had a dog in the ALCS fight. I hate the Yankees. Buncha N.Y. bleach-toothed douches like Jeter and philanderer A-Rod. Plus, I can't stand the blatant bias towards the Yankees/AL of the broadcasters. But, I also don't care for California, or it's baseball teams, much less their American League team the Angels. At the same time, I love Andy Pettite (four time World Series Winner and Texas native) and I wanted him to win tonight, which he did, but he pitches for the Yankees. So conflicted. Either way, it was an awesome game and I'm looking forward to the 2009 World Series starting this Wednesday.

Hopefully the Astros will get their act together and realize that having a team that is essentially the retirement center of the MLB is not a good strategy.

1 comment: